LIVE at 05:10
    • Latest Tweets:

You have the ability to deselect your local MP at the next election by joining the local Conservative party and tabling a motion of no confidence at a Special General Meeting. Such an action was used successfully in 1997 – the same year Philip Hammond secured his parliamentary seat.

You should only join the local association if you vote Conservative and want your voice to be heard by the National Conservative Party.

Step 1: Join your local Conservative party
Depending on where you live, visit the Runnymede and Weybridge Conservatives or the Hastings and Rye Conservatives sign up page

Step 2: Call for a Special General Meeting
A Special General Meeting can be arranged if it is backed by a petition signed by more than 50 members of the local party or 10% of the previous year’s total membership. The petition must be sent to the local Conservative association and addressed to the Secretary of the Executive Council of the association, requesting that an SGM be convened.

Step 3: Table a motion of no confidence
A motion of no confidence can then be tabled by any member at the Special General Meeting, triggering a vote among local members.

Step 4: Contact Leave.EU so that we can smoothly transition the initiative over to party members.
Email: info@leave.eu (please enter ‘Deselect Hammond’ in the subject)
Tel: 0800 999 4210
Address: Leave.EU, 2nd Floor, Lysander House, Bristol, BS10 7TQ